Sunday 9 January 2011

Welcome and why bother?

Hello

I am writing this because friends and family have encouraged me to. Also, I figure that good food is not always about the wonderful 'deeper pocket' range of 'delectables' one can only get from a farmer's market, Borough Market, or the countryside.

Saying that, I have to underline that I am not always going to be using the best ingredients because, well the supermarkets just don't really sell them. I admit that better ingredients make nicer meals. But at the same time, cooking can be very successful without the best stuff. Also, I don't want to 'hate' on the supermarkets as they generally can be pretty decent (from my experience in North London).

However, it is worth noting that a Sainsbury's in North London stocks pretty different stuff to Derby or Belfast and as with anything, they cater for their customers' palates. This is the biggest pain in the arse I will come up against. Though I live in London and benefit from the multicultural offerings, I have spent a fair bit of time shopping and cooking in other areas and it can suck. The only way to change this is to ask for certain ingredients and hope the management of these shops listen.

Anyway, you get the gist of it. I will start posting as often as possible and happily will receive comments and feedback if you can be bothered. I may also paraphrase various cook's ideas and tips and will hopefully always name check them as I cannot claim that wisdom to be mine. That would make me a liar and a wally.

Let's get on with it.

1 comment:

  1. This is great news!.... Bookmarks, check ....Bookmark this page check check! ....Bookmark toolbar, checkity check, Done ...Let's get started x

    ReplyDelete